Summary of November Board Meeting
Thursday, 24 November 2022 at 3pm
Present: C. Flynn (Chair), R. Gercken, R. Sinclair, M. Wallace M. Lowe , F. Cross, J Whittle, G. Chapman (GM), M. Judd (AGM)
Apologies: A. Hall
Presentation by: Andrew Betts, ANZ Bank regarding the Club has a healthy capacity to borrow for future projects if required.
Minutes of Board Meeting held Thursday, 26 October 2022 (22.10) be accepted as presented.
Business Arising from 26 October 2022 Minutes:
- 21 Action List items completed.
- 14 Action List items identified or in progress.
Correspondence – Inward:
- Application and letter from Marine Rescue NSW requesting charity golf day
- Club Grants Application from Keeping Women Safe in the Eurobodalla
- Letter of apology from Kye Walters received 24.11.2022 seeking removal of life ban
- Emails from Peter Criss to the GM received 18.11.2022 regarding administration of By-law 5.
- By-law 7 Declaration of Intent to Depart with amendments marked up, by President.
Marine Rescue NSW Charity Golf Day 2023 – Application
Club Grants Category 2 – Keeping Women Safe in the Eurobodalla $3k
By-law 5 – Membership Fees, Waives and the Absentee List – to be updated specifying date of effect by member.
By-law 21 – Standing Orders – New Secretary’s Disciplinary Powers procedure included
By-law 7 – Declaration of Intent to Depart – Reviewed and endorsed by
Correspondence – Outward:
- Letter to member advising Disciplinary Hearing on Thursday 17 November 2022
- Email to members regarding cart shed and waitlist
- Email to member regarding cart shed
- Email to members regarding cart shed and waiting list
- Thank you email to Luke Grinham (Golf NSW) re JNJG Junior Masters event
- Minutes of Lady Golfers Section Committee Meeting held 11 & 19 October 2022 and AGM held 19 October 2022
- Minutes of Golf Operations Committee Meeting 31 October 2022
- Minutes of Workplace Health and Safety Committee Meeting 10 November 2022
- Minutes of Veterans Committee Meeting held 11 November 2022
- Minutes of the Disciplinary Committee Meeting held 17 November 2022
- Finance Reports presented by GM.
- Functions: scheduled & booked for December 2022 as presented.
- HR Matters: Total Employees 98, Permanent 28, Part time 19, Casual 51
- Recently appointed Finance Manager Steven McKeane commenced on 14 November 2022.
Steven brings a wealth of experience to the role.
- Foundu – new digital platform for HR, payroll and rostering ‘Foundu’ is now live.
- Learning and Development – Leading High Performance Teams Workshop conducted by Paul
- Emergency Response Training – conducted onsite with Pre-EMPT training on 27 October 2022.
- Club Grants Category 2 Applications– The Combined Churches Christmas Day Lunch $1,500
Course Statistics – October
- October 2021 5,850 rounds (189 players per day)
- October 2022 4,262 rounds (137 players per day)
- Jan – October 21 55,091 rounds (181 players per day)
- Jan – October 22 49,323 rounds (162 players per day) 10.5% reduction
Management Recommendations approved.
- Carpark lighting – JRC Electrical quote for upgrade car park lighting accepted
- AGM Minutes and Constitution – received the updated constitution from Pigott Stinson, to be lodged with ASIC. AGM minutes will be circulated to the Board within the week.
- Draft Master Plan Strategy – Reviewed by Board to forward to LG Advisory.
- Liquor Accord Meeting – GM attended.
- Asset Valuation – Undertaken and Received.
- Stage 4 – Design – Front entrance, bathrooms, office reception and retail
- Terrace Sails – the terrace sail was damaged during strong wind conditions on 21 November 2022. Sun
umbrellas to be used on the terrace until a replacement sail is available to be installed.
- Installation of Distance Markers – The distance markers have been ordered.
- Hole of the Week – Signage for “the Hole of the Week” should be available very soon.
- Weekend Breakfasts – going nicely, a great initiative for both members and visitors.
- 21st Tee – New Diamond Grid Path – Well received by members, requires further shoring up on one side.
- 26th Men’s Tee – Cart Turnaround – Needs to be reviewed to assess safety aspect.
- Club Cart Shed – Consider the purchase of an Industrial vacuum cleaner for cleaning Club Cart shed.
Meeting closed at 6:00pm
Next Meeting Thursday, 22 December 2022 @ 3pm.