Summary of August Board Meeting
Wednesday, 27 October 2022 at 3pm
Present: C. Flynn (Chair), R. Gercken, R. Sinclair, M. Wallace M. Lowe , F. Cross, J Whittle, G. Chapman (GM), M. Judd (AGM)
Minutes of Board Meeting held Wednesday 28 September 2022 (22.09) be accepted as presented.
Business arising from 28 September 2022 Minutes:
- 7 Action List items completed.
- 11 Action List items identified or in progress.
Correspondence – Inward:
- Thankyou letter from Parkinson’s NSW Limited for donation
- Application from Muddy Puddles requesting charity golf day
- By-law #2 Veteran Golfers Section
- NSW Government GST Rebate – Gaming Clubs
- Letter from Member #850 re: Special Resolutions listed for 2022 AGM
- Email from Member #1194 re private cart shed storage
- Email from Members #1721 and #1723 re private cart shed storage
- Email from Member #278 re private cart shed storage
- Email from ANZ regarding interest rates available for Junior Legacy Funds.
Response to be prepared for f), g) & h) inward correspondence regarding management of fleet v private carts storage citing Club policy currently in place since 2019.
Correspondence – Outward:
- Letter to provisional social membership application rejected
- Letter regarding recovery of gaming monies
- Acknowledgement email to member #1194 re cart storage shed
- Acknowledgement of email to members # 1721 and # 1723 re cart storage shed
- Minutes of Lady Golfers Section Committee Meeting held 13 September 2022
- Minutes of Grounds Greens & Cats Committee Meeting held 12 October 2022
- Minutes of Workplace Health and Safety Committed Meeting 13 October 2022
- Minutes of Disciplinary Committee Meeting held 13 October 2022
- Minutes of Veterans Committee Meeting 14 October 2022
Business Arising from Committee Reports
- Course Drainage – Prioritise course drainage. Existing drains to be checked
- Veterans Website Link – drop down link or page on the Club website for autonomous use.
- Access through garden near golf shop – path to be constructed BOD
- Fuel Re-imbursement – new rate is 0.30c per km to be communicated to sections
General Managers Report
- Irrigation progressing very well with completion by end of September, including the pump shed
- EGM purchases approved as recommended
- Club Grants Cat 2 funding for BB Cricket Club approved as recommended
- Finance Reports presented by GM.
- Functions: scheduled & booked for November 2022 as presented.
- HR Matters: Total Employees 93, Permanent 26, Part time 41, Casual 46
- Beverage Manager and Marketing and Communications Manager still vacant
- FWC Mandatory 5.2% Wage Increase effective from 5 October 2022
- Foundu – new digital platform for HR, payroll and rostering.
- Learning and Development – Team members have been encouraged to embrace our core value of growth.
Management Recommendations approved
- September 2021 – 5,726 rounds (191 players per day)
- September 2022 – 4,930 rounds (164 players per day)
- Jan – September – 45,061 rounds – 9.5% reduction (165 players per day)
Club Grants Category 2 Applications
- The Combined Churches Christmas Day Lunch – $1,500
- ANZAC Day School Initiatives – $400
- Skye Falzon – Boxing (previous application) – $500
Golf Course Stats – September
- 2021 5,726 rounds (191 players per day)
- 2022 4,930 rounds (164 players per day)
- YTD – Jan – September – 45,061 rounds – 9.5% reduction (165 players per day)
- Term Deposit Rates and Terms – agreed ANZ Bank for 7 months
- Chief Financial Officer – Board supported employment offer
- Stage 3b Phase 1 & Phase 2 – Phase 1 front Alfresco and access points by Xmas, Phase 2 Play equipment and flooring – delayed until 2023.
- Cash Recycler – Board endorsed Note & Coin recycler
- Carpark Lighting – Quotes to be sourced aligning improvements to appropriate standards
- Dress Regulations – updated to equate to gender neutral dress regulations.
- Golf Shop Attendant – Sean Barclay has joined the golf shop team in a casual capacity.
- Dry Course – member proposal re dry course to be further discussed at the GOC meeting.
- Online Booking System – software platform Book-it will be implemented for online restaurant bookings.
- Kitchen Equipment – new salamander, deep fryer & pizza conveyor approved
- AGM Monday 14 November 2022 @ 7pm
Meeting Closed @ 6.30pm
Member Suggestion as of 14/09/2022
|Suggestion||Item #||Referred to||Action|
|Cafe Bar is too far away for golfers post round||356||MJ||Nil|
Membership as of 4 October 2022
|SUB TOTAL – Golf||834||827||0.85%|
|SUB TOTAL – Social||7079||6393||10.73%|