Summary of Board Meeting
R. Gercken, R. Sinclair, M. Wallace, C. Flynn, A. Hall, M. Lowe, F. Cross, J.Whittle, G. Chapman (GM), M. Judd (AGM)
Minutes of Board Meeting Held: Thursday, 31 March 2022 (22.3) be accepted as presented.
Presentations: Dennis Grounds, Course Superintendent – Irrigation update stating progressing well.
Business arising from 31 March 2022 Minutes – 10 Action List items completed. 11 Action List items in progress.
Record Of Out of Session Determination – Flooring Variation for Outdoor gaming floor. BOD 22.4.2.
Correspondence – Inward: BOD 22.4.3
- Australian Gaming and Hospitality Conference 22-24 March 2022
Correspondence – Outward: BOD 22.4.4
- Citation letter to member #15001 advising hearing on Thursday 21 April 2022
- Citation letter to member #10887 advising hearing on Thursday 21 April 2022
- Email to members #2168 & #2167 responding to letter regarding property damage
Committee Reports: BOD 22.4.5
- Minutes from Lady Golfers Committee Meeting held March 2022
- Minutes from Project Committee Meeting held 12 April
General Managers Report
New Members: S1yr – 179, S3yr – 54, S5yr – 12, G7 Day – 7, G5 Day – 1, GU35 – 1, Inter – 1, Junior – 0, Cadet – 1 approved.
Finance Reports presented by GM.
Functions: scheduled & booked for May 2022 as presented.
Strategic Plan – Stage 2 Renovations – Progressing well with a number of variations approved due to previous inappropriate building methods.
Stage 3 – Café, Bar & Reception Render period closed – two tenders being reviewed.
HR Matters: Total Employees 81, Permanent 27, Part time 21, Casual 33.
Recruitment still a challenge. Culture and leadership training for senior and middle management is planned. There are a number ofstaff off with Covid19 which will likely cause short term service impacts.
YTD Gross Income, Expenditure & Net Result
Golf Shop – Rounds Report
Financial YTD 2021 (July – Mar) – 37186 rounds (136 players per day)
Financial YTD 2022 (July – Mar) – 50112 rounds – 32.5% increase (183 players per day)
- Courtesy Bus service for Monday – management to consider
- Beautiful liquid amber tree between 14th green and 22nd hole with blue dot – agreed to advise Grounds that the tree is not be removed at this stage, pending finalisation of the course improvement plan.
- Male Golfing Handicaps – suggestion they be raised from 36 to 45 – to be tabled at the
- Four (4) Aristocrat Midnight Express Link Gaming Machines Purchase BOD 4.8
- Stage 3 Master Plan – Two Tenders received
- Survey by GBAS to be reviewed before distribution to members
- Gaming stools – the GM reported delivery is expected end of May
- Covid 19 impacts – Service levels may be
- Director identification number –a Director identification number must be obtained prior to Directors appointments in the future.
- Catalina Restaurant menu change – scheduled to occur on Tuesday 3 May
- 22nd and 15th garden area – noted as needing attention, GM to
Meeting closed at 5:20pm