Club Catalina is situated on Beach Road Batemans Bay, in the heart of the beautiful NSW South Coast. Only 1.5 km from the Batemans Bay CBD, 147 km from Canberra and just 276 km (or a 35 minute Regional Flight) from Sydney, Club Catalina has something for everyone! Boasting a 27-hole Championship Golf Course, In-house Barista, Coffee Shop, Restaurant, Sports Bar, Gaming Precinct and all in the comfort of our award-winning modern Clubhouse.
Current Career Opportunities
Marketing and Communications Manager
Club Catalina is an award-winning community-orientated and values-based organisation situated in Batemans Bay, the heart of beautiful South Coast of NSW. Our vision is to be a leading, enjoyable, quality, inclusive, golfing and hospitality destination.
Our Clubhouse holds 8,500 social members and over 65,000 visitors a year. It houses a Restaurant, Café, two bars, lounges, TAB precinct and private function rooms, and has gaming area which holds 161 EGM’s. The Club is a highly regarded as a social and golfing destination, and has recently undergone a major refurbishment. Our 27-hole championship course is beautifully presented and well maintained, seeing over 55,000 rounds of golf a year.
We have an exciting opportunity with plenty of variety and scope for an experienced Marketing and Communications Manager to join our Senior Leadership Team. You will drive all aspects of the marketing function for the Club, develop new processes for communications, represent Club Catalina as a community liaison, and bring a fresh perspective to our current practices and image being projected. The successful candidate will report to the General Manager. An attractive six figure salary package will be offered to the successful candidate.
As the Marketing and Communications Manager your key responsibilities will include:
- Development and implementation of a comprehensive marketing plan outlining strategies to promote the organisation’s goods, services, and facilities
- Sales strategies and establishing targets to maximise the organisation’s goods, services, and facilities
- Strategies to generate increased patronage through the creation and reinforcement of ‘brand image’ or ‘brand loyalty’
- Plan and execute all web, SEO/SEM, marketing database, email, social media, and display advertising campaigns
- Manage member and visitor research and analysis to effectively segment and understand existing, lapsed, and potential audiences to inform campaigns
- Ensure a high level of member service is maintained while continually improving services available to members
- Further develop and maintain a tiered loyalty program
- Evaluating the financial aspects of product development, such as budgets, expenditures, research, and development appropriations, and return on investment and profit loss projections
- Developing pricing strategies, balancing company objectives and customer satisfaction
- Provide an effective communications strategy to management, staff, and members
- Uphold our Corporate Values at all times: Growth, Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Trust.
- Preparing grant and funding applications
We seek a candidate who meets the following criteria:
- Minimum three years’ experience in a Senior Marketing role
- Relevant tertiary qualifications
- Extensive knowledge of advertising and marketing techniques and concepts across all advertising mediums including digital and social media
- Demonstrated research and evaluation skills, including the ability to interpret market research, calculations, and data
- Sound professional, with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Keen eye for attention to detail
- Excellent presentation skills
- Time management skills, ability to multi-task, prioritise, and be highly organised
- Self-motivated leader
- Enthusiastic team player who can engage with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Consultative approach to working with others towards a collective goal
- Proven experience in communication, implementation and execution of a strategic plan
- Web and Graphic Design skills, including sound knowledge of WordPress and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience within, or familiarity of the Club Industry
- Experience within experiential, entertainment or promotional marketing would be highly regarded
This is a highly rewarding, sought-after role offering the opportunity to work with experienced industry professionals in a beautiful part of the world. We are highly accommodating and flexible to allow the successful candidate to support a balance of lifestyle, career development and other important things in life.
If this sounds like you, please submit an expression of interest today! Applicants must be entitled to work in Australia. Applications close Monday 25 July 2022.
Beverage Manager – Full Time
What are we looking for?
We’re looking for someone with exceptional leadership skills and hospitality operations experience to take ownership of our beverage department. Your role will be to oversee the entire beverage operation, and have a strong focus on the customer experience, together with continuous improvement initiatives.
Duties within this role include but are not limited to:
- Coordinating and overseeing all aspects of daily venue operations to ensure high quality impeccable service.
- Developing and implementing industry leading customer service standards
- Supervise, coach and manage staff performance within the customer service team.
- Contribute ideas to senior management regarding new equipment, maintenance, human resources and marketing.
- Implement and manage strategic objectives and goals
- Implementing and championing change as part of a progressive and evolving beverage offer.
- Respond to member and patron complaints in a timely and effective manner.
- Diligently ensure compliance with workplace health and safety, club policies and relevant legislation; rectifying any issues identified.
To be selected as the successful candidate you will need to have:
- Experience in a similar leadership role
- Confidence in decision making and demonstrated ability to address and correct performance standards with team members,
- Extensive knowledge of bar operations, current trends and products e.g. Coffee, cocktails, beer, wine.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent time management, with strong attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure with ease and composure
- Willingness to embrace the Club’s vision, mission and values
- A professional, but warm and friendly personality
- Team player, with well-developed leadership skills
- Capable of working autonomously, and within a team environment
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced environment, whilst balancing multiple priorities
- Current NSW RSA, RCG certifications.
- Be fully vaccinated against Covid-19.
- Supportive & inclusive team and culture
- Discounted golfing membership
- Discounted food & beverages
- Professional development opportunities
- Mental Health and wellbeing support
- Above award rates
Batemans Bay offers a fantastic lifestyle, and this role offers a great challenge and responsibility, whilst offering the opportunity to work with and be supported by experienced industry professionals.